Thursday, February 26, 2009

UPDATE OF DAVE

Well, the doctor doesn't seem to think now that Dave has Shingles. Good Lord! Wish someone would make up their mind. Soooooo, they are sending him today to get a CT scan and an X-ray of his back. Jean seemed either a little confused or overwhelmed (frustrated more than likely) when she was explaining it to me but I think they're looking for a pinched nerve somewhere. I myself think it's arthritis but guess we'll let the experts decide. The doc took him off his Valtrex (which is for the shingles) and another med they gave him that isn't an actual "pain" medication but it tricks your brain into thinking it is. I think it's used for Fibromyalgia. Anyway, Jean asked Cody to take them to the doc. She said she could drive, it's only in West Des Moines, but she can't get Dave in and out of the van by herself. I would like to watch Cody do this since he's all crippled up with his sling. LOL! I talked to him and he seemed to think that physically he would be able to help Dave. You will all be glad to know that after 80 years of not driving in Des Moines, Jean has started doing so! Isn't that funny? She just does alright now! As long as the doctors they see are in West Des Moines, she does just fine. She even said if she had to drive Dave to the hospital, she'd just get on Hickman and take it all the way to 6th avenue. I'm proud of her and she and I had a good hard laugh over the whole thing.

Cody is feeling slightly better, still stiff and sore. I think he can at least laugh now without being in too much pain. Will post more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment